Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Little Things In Life are a Blessing

Last of the Hydrangea , drying on the stems.

My Porcelain Berry Vine....look close at the blue color
They turn the best colors if the birds don't get them

Our view from the deck

Even the hostas are lovely

Our back yard view

My favorite view from the deck

It's the small things that make me glad to be alive.
The colors of the leaves..a soft breeze on a sunny day..seeing a bat
fly at dusk, speeding down the road with the radio blaring....
all the little things God gave us to enjoy ..

Stop and smell the leaves..the breeze and think how lucky we are
to be in this world ..enjoy your family and loved ones..they matter
most..LOVE is the greatest thing we have.


Here is me yesterday before Gamma Knife surgery to
remove more brain tumors. My 3rd fight with them.
Thats me on the left. TeeHee





9 comments:

Diane said...

I love your sound effects, Deena. You're right, it is the little things, enjoying your morning cup of coffee in your nightie is a big one too. I think those blue berries are gorgeous.

Jayne said...

(((((Deena))))) Indeed, we need to inhale life and all that is given to us to see and soak in. Bless you on this latest fight. May you feel the strength of all the love from those of us here.

Terry said...

You have a lovely yard Deena! I always enjoy seeing what you post. Stay strong in this latest fight with the brain tumors. They must be really ornery things! I've always tried to enjoy the little things, but since hubby lost his leg three weeks ago it's been even more important! Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way! :0)

Joy Tilton said...

You are so right, it is the little things that God provides that mean the most. Everyday we get up to the beauty of nature and some people don't have time to notice. Your playlist is wonderful! Have a great day...
joy c. at grannymountain

PineyWoodsPrims~Dena said...

What beautiful rich colors all around your home. I love it. So calming and so peaceful. Thank you for sharing those pictures. You are so right on how we need to enjoy all the little things in life. It is a true blessing. Stay strong Deena. God has many great plans for you on this earth. God bless you!

Cheryl said...

Deena you are an inspiration, I am humbled...

I shall keep you in my prayers and thoughts.....

The little things are the sweetest......

ShySongbird said...

Oh Deena!.... I hardly know what to say, I don't know why you should suffer so much but you are such an inspiration.

Your autumnal photos are lovely, the colours just beautiful. Keep fighting Deena and never forget there are so many people who are thinking of you and wishing you well...we really do care.

Debra Howard said...

Praying for you. You have just made it to my list. I will go before the Lord for you to be healed.
Debbie

Mary said...

You are definitely an inspiration to us all. You go, Girl!!!