Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Sharp Shinned Hawk Back for More





Back again, now here's the food source.I was at the kitchen sink , getting a drink, saw small feathers floating up in the breeze. So I took a look over at the side window and saw THIS eating my Junco. (Click photos to enlarge)


The Sharp Shinned seems to love to eat in our back yard in the winter. This is the second time this week I saw him eating.

After dining, Sharp Shinned flew to sit on the deck to wait for more food.  PIG

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Oink Oik Mr Hawk! You are so pretty! You can come eat my birds any time! Thanks for sharing Deena!

The Birdlady said...

Well, he 's beautiful, too, but why doesn't he just learn to like seed?!

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to meet another lady who loves nature and all that God has created. Your photography makes me smile!

Mary said...

Deena,

I'm so sorry the hawk ate your Junco. We have a lot here this season. Hubby and I saw two red-tails the last time we went to the doctor out of town. We also saw a golden eagle gliding on the wind currents. Alas! I didn't have my camera.

I do hope Mr. Hawk finds another place to eat his dinner.

Praying for you, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

Cheryl said...

I love hawks....and he is a beauty.....an absolute beauty.......

JoJo said...

I love the red-tailed hawks we have here in Kansas. They're such regal looking birds. But in this case, I have to admit I would have been rooting for the junco.