Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tis Slim Pickins


A Dark Eyed Junco~ground feeding







Through the window
a Tufted Titmouse




My friend~~Mr. Red Belly Woodpecker


A female (top of feeder) & male Downy Woodpecker



It's been so cold here& hubby has been getting 
home after dark 
&  I am NOT suppose to 
be around things like litter boxes, bird droppings, etc
because of chemo reducing my immune system, 
so tis slim pickin's around here for the 
birds.  
They worked and worked to get a few bits of 
peanuts. Even a few scuffles.

Thank heavens hubby hunk came home before dark today
and filled ALL the feeders.  The birds will be thankful tomorrow.

fondly,  Deena
*Waves at Wildlife*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your stunning backyard feeder friends! I have not seen a Red-bellied since December!

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Loving your pictures Deena. I can't keep my feeded filled because of the squirrels!

Hope you're doing good...

Many good thoughts and blessing for you,
Deborah

inspired said...

great set of shots :]

Lori said...

Deena, your visitors are very sweet...i'm glad your hubby got outside to fill up their seed...

Lenka said...

Wow – woodpecker! I newer ever have chance to see him in my yard. You must have some special treat to attract him! His read head is so cute. Amazing!

Artifax said...

I love all your wildlife photos! I am sure each and every little birdie is grateful for whatever winter food you are able to put out for them - they love and appreciate you!

Rilda said...

No words can express my great joy when I opened up the envelope and saw your beautiful card and message inside. You are one of those people who touch you where deep calls to deep. You are a one of a kind master piece~ You are in my thoughts often and I pray God's will for you as you travel into the unknown zone. His love and peace surround you daily as you go. Sending a BIG [[[[[[[[[[ HUG ]]]]]]]]]] for you are worthy. Lovingly, rilda

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I left a comment about your possom
in the possom section.
They only come out in the daytime
if they have rabies.
Do not attempt to catch or pet
them, they hiss and will bite if
cornered.
Jen

SweetAnnee said...

Oh honey.. I sure would NOT
try to pet him

&
I truly believe God put him there
for me that day..

it was about to get dusk..
thanks for the warning..Deena