Friday, November 02, 2007

Show & Tell Friday


If this is Friday, it must be Show & Tell




My best friend Marcia, is preparing her parents
home and treasures for an auction.
Her parents have moved in to assisted living.
She brought this to me to take a picture of
and use for show and tell..
It's lovely and not flat..a sort of shallow bowl
I took pictures of the marking on the bottom
but they didn't turn out.

It says D E McNicol
Pottery Liverpool, Ohio

Tis the Campbell Soup Kids & it's a soup bowl

I found an item on the web
that is D E McNicol, go HERE to check it out
********

Thanks Keli from There's No Place Like Home
for hosting Show & Tell Friday

11 comments:

Mommy said...

What an adorable piece of pottery! Love it. Thanks for sharing, and tell your friend thanks for sharing it so you could put it on Show and Tell. :) Thank you too, for visiting my blog. :)

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

I love it! The bowl is so cute. Thanks for sharing
~Amy

Quinne said...

Hi Annee :) Thanks for sharing this with us! I like the work at the edges of this piece and the greens and yellows of the grass and dandelions. Blessings, Q

Anonymous said...

That is really cute!

Reviekat said...

Very sweet little piece. I've always liked the old pictures of the Campbell's Kids. It would make such a nice display piece!

Kimmie said...

Very cute...mmm, mmm good. Bet if you were sick it would make you 'eat up...' just to see their sweet smilin' faces!

thanks for sharing this...

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Christine LeFever said...

What a treasure! Our first grandson (now 16) used to remind me of the Campbell Soup Kids. Show and Tell Friday is fun! Thank you, Deena!

Christine

Anonymous said...

What a sweet bowl, I love the cute picture :-)

Rose of Sharon said...

I love this! I have a small collection of children's plates. They are very collectable. I love the graphics and colors of this one! Too cute!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Those kids are much cuter than the later Campbells kids. It's a really sweet plate or is a a bowl?

SweetAnnee said...

Hi Kathy..tis a sweet bowl!! and you're right
they are MUCH cuter!!
smiles, Deena